Employers who wish to offer transportation resources to their employees can work with Cruz511 to develop a Workplace Commute Plan.
The basic elements of a Workplace Commute Plan are:
- Identify an Employee Transportation Coordinator: a person who is responsible for providing transportation information and resources to their coworkers.
- Set up a Transportation Resource Hub: a location (a corkboard in a break room, a page on an intranet, etc) where transportation information and resources can be made available.
- Conduct a Site Evaluation Survey: identifies the physical characteristics of your worksite, including parking, access, and commuter amenities.
- Write a Commute Benefits Document: a description of all the commute benefits and transportation programs that the company has in place.
- Distribute Transportation Information: Make all of this information available to employees on a regular (annual, semiannual) basis, and make it part of new employee orientation.
While the elements listed here are a good place to start, call Cruz511 (429-POOL) for help developing your own Workplace Commute Plan to meet your organization’s needs.