- Thumbs up: Local journalist Karen Kefauver wrote a great profile of three exciting new bicycle technologies
- Thumbs down: Volkswagen installed sneaky software to falsify the emissions performance of more than 500,000 diesel vehicles
- Thumbs down: The Los Angeles River Bike Path is challenging to access
- Thumbs up: Apple’s Maps App finally added Transit directions in the new iOS 9, though not in all areas. They do cover Santa Cruz County transit, though!
- Thumbs up: Sunday is National Drive Electric Day! Head to the Capitola Mall from Noon to 4pm to learn about and test drive a variety of electric vehicles.
This weekend should be beautiful and sunny, perfect conditions for sustainable transportation: two great days to get out for a mountain bike ride, carpool to the City, walk in the redwoods or along Pleasure Point, or take the bus to a farmers’ market!