A three-night paving project will result in lane and ramp closures along Highway 1 between Morrissey Ave. and Rio del Mar starting next Tuesday night, Sept. 6. Overnight hours are from 8 pm to 4 am the next morning. Details are as follows:
Tuesday, Sept. 6—Hwy. 1 northbound Morrissey Blvd. (1):
- Off-ramp closed for paving
- Detour to Emeline St. back to Morrissey Blvd.
Wednesday, Sept. 7—Hwy. 1 northbound between Park Ave. and 41st Ave. (2):
- # 2 (right) lane closed. Also, the Bay/Porter Ave. on-ramp northbound closed
- Detour to Soquel Ave. back to 41st Ave.
Thursday, Sept. 8—Hwy. 1 southbound between State Park Dr. and Rio Del Mar (3):
- #2 (right) lane closed. Also, the State Park on-ramp southbound closed.
- Detour to Soquel Ave. back to Hwy. 1 southbound.
Electronic message boards will be posted to alert motorists of this roadwork. The CHP will assist with traffic control. Motorists can expect delays not to exceed 15 minutes. This roadwork is being done by Caltrans Santa Cruz South Maintenance crew.
Caltrans reminds motorists to move over and slow down when driving through highway construction zones.
For more information on this project and for traffic updates on other Caltrans projects in Santa Cruz County, residents can call the District 5 toll free number at 1-831-423-0396 or can visit Caltrans website at: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist05/paffairs/release.htm#scr